HOME & NEWS     STARS     RELEASES     EVENTS     INTERVIEWS     FEATURES     GUESTBOOK       LINKS

EVANESCENCE



The return of Evanescence!

Evanescence will enter the studio later this week to record the follow-up to 2006's "The Open Door".

The band, who now feature singer Amy Lee, guitarist Terry Balsamo, ex-The Revolution Smile guitarist Tim McCord on bass and former Blood Simple drummer Will Hunt, have tapped up Grammy Award-winning producer Steve Lillywhite (30 Seconds To Mars, U2, Chris Cornell) to record the as-yet-untitled effort.

"I can't explain how excited I am to make this record", said Amy Lee. "Over the past year and a half, these songs have become the centre of my life, and I can't wait to hear what they grow into in the studio."

While Lee wouldn't comment on what direction the next album would take, she did say that the band's sound is "evolving into something that will surprise people, in a very good way."

"I feel, as always, that growth can be an incredible, limitless thing if you let it", she added. "I never want to make the same album twice."